A little escape to where I can have fun with my love of design and whatever else may brighten my day...

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New Year, New You

 

I've always been a big believer that new year resolutions are for those with no will power and lots of excuses.  If there is a change you'd like to make in yourself then you should start now, not January 1.  But as I've gotten older I tend to look back on my life in blocks of time.  Evaluating where I've been and who I've become on an annual basis.  With that said, I'd like to be sitting here a year from now when it's almost January 1, 2012 with the following goals accomplished (or at least improved upon):

1 - Continue to work on my upholstery projects and perhaps find some new jobs that might put a little extra $ in my pocket.


2 - Remember that life is short and what you do for others will be returned ten-fold.  Not that I seek for anything in return, but just knowing I've helped someone better their quality of life is enough for me.


3 - Call me a tree-hugger if you will, but only because I believe that God intended for us to take care of the home He created for us.  I will continue to recycle and lower my carbon footprint, while encouraging others to do the same.

This guy is my hero... ha!

4 - Continue to count my blessings.  We always tend to want more than what we have but I really could not ask for a more loving family, amazing friends and a job that helps put food in my mouth and a roof above my head.  Really being positive and appreciative of what you have can provide an outlook on life that you never dreamed of.  I have a homemade book of quotes that I read whenever I need a reminder that rain clouds aren't all bad.  They quench the thirst of flora and fauna, so that strength is procured.



5 - Last, not least, but certainly the most personal... I'm hoping for a very When Harry Met Sally moment with someone soon.  And that's all to be said about that.


A very happy 2011 to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment