A little escape to where I can have fun with my love of design and whatever else may brighten my day...

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Eco-efficient

So I am unbashfully a recycle-aholic.  Truly.  I'm a nut about reduce, reuse and recycle.  I even cringe when I see glass or aluminum beverage containers in the trash instead of a recyle bin (see, I'm serious!).  So I love the challenge of figuring out how to reuse things while becoming more eco-efficient (I'm coining this phrase btw.. ha).  That sounds like a big set-up for what really is a simple post.  But being more resourceful not only helps the environment, but your wallet as well.

So I picked up this cute little soap dispenser from Target the other day.  I love the green/blue glass and the fact that I don't have to keep purchasing disposable pumps.  This way you just buy a huge bottle of the refillable soap and then toss the container in the recycle bin when it's empty.



I also posted here about how to reuse candle jars.  I just love having my makeup brushes and mascara within reach instead of digging through a cosmetic bag.

Then when it comes to furniture, the options really are endless.  I think antiques are great, even when mixed with more modern pieces.  And saving old chairs or plates from a junk yard makes me feel good too.  You can really find some great stuff on Cragslist, at your local thrift store or estate sale, Goodwill or one of Habitat for Humanity's ReStores.  I'd have to say some of my favorite pieces are second-hand.  Just like this antique gold mirror purchased at an estate sale.  We placed this above the fireplace with two zebra striped stools over the hearth.



Random post, but what the hey :)  After a balls to the wall work trip, these are my mentally disjointed thoughts of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment