A little escape to where I can have fun with my love of design and whatever else may brighten my day...

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February = hearts and kisses, pink and red, candy and flowers

 
I have a thing for February even though I haven't had a Valentine in years a while.  But what does make my heart flutter this time of year is all the adorably themed goodies for sale.  I've already hit up the $1 aisle at the entrance of Target buying stickers, rub-ons and metallic paper.  I'm planning to make homemade cards this year so I'm looking forward to seeing how they turn out :)

If I wasn't already moved out of my town home then I'm sure there would be a few pink/red themed items hanging about.  In a recent trip to HomeGoods I found the cutest string of hearts to hang from a mantle along with some other fun finds.  I didn't bother to pick any up, but maybe if they go on sale after Feb 14 I will grab up a few things for next year.

With that said I don't want some crazy overboard love fest looming around me!! An overload of stuffed animals, red roses and Godiva chocolates would give any girl a headache...  yowza.  But a few touches around the house would be nice.

A homemade wreath on the front door lets all the neighbors know your crafty :)

Sweethearts in a pretty jar for guests

Hang a "be mine" banner above the mantle

These poofs are a must for a single girls dinner party

No comments:

Post a Comment