A little escape to where I can have fun with my love of design and whatever else may brighten my day...

Thursday, February 24, 2011

I need a breather

Lately I've been running, jumping, hopping, twirling and doing back flips all over the place.  That's because I can hardly stay still to do anything.  Work, parties, work, looking for a new place to live, work, etc. has had my head spinning for a couple weeks now.  Not really seeing the light at the end of the tunnel yet, but hopefully soon I can relax.  I'm excited to say that I've finally got the cane-ing repaired on this chair.  And I purchased some gray fabric (actually one of World Market's charcoal velvet window panels to be exact) to recover the cushion that was original to the chair.  Oh, and apparently the guy who re-caned my chair said I painted it with latex and it should have been enamel.  I guess I'll do a clear enamel coat once the weather warms up.  As promised (many moons ago) I will post pics when it's complete.

I've also been doing a lot of browsing at my local HomeGoods, antique stores and other home decor locales - which only ends up in my wishing (a) I had a home, (b) I had a home I could paint, decorate all my own and (c) that I had more money.  Oh well... one day all my running, jumping, hopping, twirling and back flips I've been doing at work will pay off right?

While at HomeGoods I did spy a pair of these pretty lamps.  Which makes me think I'm definitely going to sale the crystal ones I purchased last year to make room for these.


Something else I've been loving lately is the combination of new art and old art.  I own lots of pretty antique framed artwork like these:






But I've been wanting to pair some different artwork in very simple clips frames.  The ones from Hobby Lobby are perfecto!  They would work great for images just like these, but just add a large white border on around the edge.

via Etsy


Notice the umbrella theme here?  I likey :)

I'm a sucker for bringing together new and old so this look really appeals to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment