A little escape to where I can have fun with my love of design and whatever else may brighten my day...

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

XOXO: Probst Decorating

Where have I been you ask?  Try Chicago, Nashville, New Orleans and back to Nashville all in a seven day span.  Granted part of the travel was for fun and the other for work, but it all equals NO SLEEP and busy busy busy for me!  I have to say, while in NOLA I did get to stop at my favorite interior design store while my co-worker browsed her favorite second-hand store all within a mere 50 feet of each other :)

On a wonderful 75 degree day in New Orleans, I eagerly strolled inside Probst Decorating & Interior Design.  A gorgeous (and very French) little shop on Magazine Street.


(I won't direct you to their web site because it's pretty bad and doesn't due the actual store justice.)  After you enter the shop you will notice beautiful rugs all across the floor and furniture set-ups that make you feel like you're inside a magazine ad.  As you continue to the other side of the store, there are rolls of designer fabrics that grab your attention.  Everything is very pretty but not too fussy.  As I walked around the store taking it all in, I imagined how I would dress a living room with all the pretty fabrics.

I would start with taking two of these chairs I saw at an estate sale and reupholstering them with a very simple, but textured white fabric.  These would be my two accent chairs.



Then I would take the sofa I already own and recover two of the throw pillows with the white fabric above, as well as recover the other two with this gray and gold swirl fabric.


Obsessed with this fabric by the way!

I would then make sure that the a gorgeous Dash & Alfred rug such as this one would lay across the dark hardwood floors.


Then take some white linen and create floor to ceiling window treatments and I'd be a happy girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment