A little escape to where I can have fun with my love of design and whatever else may brighten my day...

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

What I want in a dining room

The moment I saw these dining chairs and table from Suzanne and Lauren's recent trip to the ever-popular Brimfield show, I've been wishing this is what my dining room chairs and table looked like.  I even think this antique white would look great with the fabric from my newly upholstered seat bottoms.  If only I had the patience and know-how to actually make my cherry finish dining set look this good.

Vintage dining set via Good Bones Great Pieces
I love the look of demure white furniture with other bold accents in a room.  If I had to envision the dining room I would want it would be a mix of formal and playful.  I would first take this antique white dining table set and place it in a room with medium gray walls.

Benjamin Moore paint samples.  I'd go for the Coventry gray
Next I'd add a splash of color with this beautiful rug.
Argonne rug via Home Decorators
Don't forget the chandelier!  Every dining needs one of these - formal or simple in style.

1920s Baroque chandelier
On one side of the room I would definitely have a beautiful buffet table with a gorgeous mirror over top and various accent pieces adorning the top of the console.  Especially two large alabaster lamps to anchor each side.

Buffet console via Nicole Madison Antiques
Gold leaf mirror
Alabaster lamps with linen shades via decorpad.com
What statement pieces would you want to having in your dining room?

No comments:

Post a Comment