A little escape to where I can have fun with my love of design and whatever else may brighten my day...

Friday, August 20, 2010

Cheap and Chic

I'm serious when I say that people really overlook places like Kmart, Sears and JCPenney for fun decor finds.  I mean, that's cool if no one else wants it and it sits on the shelves forever so they take deep discounts - and by the time I come around I've scored one heck of a deal.  With trends coming and going - who wants to spend a fortune on fun pieces anyways?!  Take a look at these adorable acrylic chairs for example.  Perfect for a home office or a small apartment.
Braxton chairs via Sears



These distressed mirrored frames from Kmart look just like vintage mercury glass (love!).
Picture frames via Kmart

This lattice style rug designed by the always fashionable Cindy Crawford would look good in pretty much any room.

Cindy Crawford for JCPenney

I have an obsession with stripes. No, like a REAL obsession.  They are classic, they go with all sorts of patterns and they will never go out of style.  I am seriously contemplating on which one of these boardwalk stripe rugs I should buy from Walmart.





Don't know if I'll be on the hunt for anything this weekend, but if I decide to venture out I might check out some of these neglected stores for a little retail therapy.  Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment