A little escape to where I can have fun with my love of design and whatever else may brighten my day...

Friday, December 30, 2011

Auld Lang Syne

Well this has been a very strange year for myself.  And writing this post today (which would have been my Granny's 92nd birthday) is also odd.  So much has happened this year that has really changed my perspective on things.  Before looking at what I hope the next year brings, I'll reflect a bit on my post this time last year...

1 - Did I upholster more?  I didn't do one damn thing.. ha!  Life has been busy and that's okay.  I'm not even going to put this on my list for next year because I think I'll just pay a professional to upholster anything beyond basic dining room chairs.

2 - Did I help others?  I wish I had been more altruistic this year, but I have made a step in the right direction. By joining the Junior League, we must fulfill a 40 hour placement at a program affiliated with the League.  I'll start working on my hours in 2012. (count that has a half check mark!)

3 - Did I recycle more?  Uhhh... home run baby!  This tree hugging gal pretty much recycles everything I can. If I had enough patience/time to compost I would probably do that too.  It's easy for me to recycle though, because I'm sort of annoyingly obsessed with it.  Picturing crap in a landfill that can be used to make something else makes me hot in the face.  I've tried to encourage my parents (who do not have roadside recycling pickup) to do the same, but they won't.  That's something to work on with them.

4 - Counted my blessings?  Yup.  And still counting.  The first thing I took of my grandmother's after she passed away this year was an old book first published (by Simon and Schuster) in the 1940's called, Words to Live By.  I almost think she meant for me to find it.  Very inspirational and reminds me that people have always struggled with the same obstacles in life and this book of inspiration and wisdom gives me hope when I'm feeling down.

5 - What about Harry and Sally?!  Timing is still off (per the usual).  So Sally is moving on to bigger and better things :)


So what about 2012?  I'm not making a list this year.  Instead I'm hoping that new doors will open, and new beginnings will bring excitement and cheer.






No comments:

Post a Comment